Cart abandonment is one of the bigger challenges faced by eCommerce stores. WooCommerce abandoned carts have costed a significant loss in sales for these stores.
What makes WooCommerce abandoned carts more challenging is that you cannot predict when the cart will be abandoned.
Also, stores have been strugglings to track the rate of WooCommerce abandoned carts. This has paved the way for WooCommerce abandoned cart plugins.
Let's learn how to find the abandoned carts using a WooCommerce abandoned cart plugin and recover them in your online store.
What is WooCommerce abandoned cart?
People visit your online store, browse through various product categories, add products to the cart but leave the site without buying. That is called WooCommerce cart abandonment.
With an average cart abandonment rate of 67.91%, you need a WooCommerce cart abandonment plugin to track and recover the lost sales.
Why people abandon their cart?
People abandoned their carts for a variety of reasons. Understanding why customers abandon their carts can put you forward in knowing how to reduce it.
Following are some of the most common reasons for people abandoning your online cart:
- Unexpected shipping cost and additional taxes or fees.
- Asking to create a new user account.
- People just checking your online store.
- No coupons and discounts are available.
- No transparent privacy and return policy
- Complex payment gateway or fewer payment choices.
These are some of the reasons that contribute to the rise of WooCommerce abandoned carts.
How to Check WooCommerce Abandoned Carts in your store?
To check the carts that are being abandoned, you’ll be needing a tool that’s robust and reliable. A plugin like Retainful fits the criteria very well.
Retainful comes with power-packed features and allows you to check WooCommerce abandoned carts in real-time. And also the number of recovered carts and live carts in your store. There’s a whole lot of other things you can do with Retainful. For now, we’ll get to the point.,
Steps to Check WooCommerce abandoned carts
Install & Activate Retainful
Installing Retainful plugin is easy, just takes a few steps,
- Navigate to your WordPress dashboard → Plugins → Add new
- Add plugins page will be displayed. Type ‘Retainful’ in the search box.
3. Click ‘Install now’. This will install Retainful.
4. Once ‘Install now’ is clicked you’ll be asked to ‘Activate’ the plugin.
5. Once activated, Retainful will be added to the installed plugins section and you can start your WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery campaign.
Setting up Retainful
Once installed, you should be deciding as to when a cart should be considered as abandoned. Because you don’t want to create chaos among customers who haven’t actually abandoned their carts right? So,
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ tab in your Retainful dashboard.
- Scroll down to the ‘Abandoned Carts’ section. And set the time limit as to when a cart should be considered as abandoned.
- You can also choose whether you should get a notification when a WooCommerce abandoned cart is recovered or not.
- Mark duplicate carts if needed and also set the time limit as to when a WooCommerce abandoned cart should be marked duplicate.
- And then, click the Save button.
You’ve now set specific criteria as to when a cart should be considered abandoned.
Now, the next step,
Checking WooCommerce abandoned carts with Retainful
Checking WooCommerce abandoned carts with Retainful is easier than said. Because Retainful offers one of the most simple and clean dashboards with stellar data.
All you have to do is,
- Click on the “Carts” section from the Retainful menu.
- Toggle to “Abandoned Carts” in the “Filter By” section.
You can find the list of WooCommerce abandoned cart details along with the date of abandonment, the customer’s name, and the abandoned cart’s value.
Retainful automatically assigns a custom cart ID for the abandoned cart.
You can even check the number of recovered carts and the number of live carts by selecting from the different filter options that are available.
Recover WooCommerce Abandoned Carts
With Retainful, it’s not just about knowing the number of carts that are abandoned. You can even recover them by sending automated abandoned cart recovery emails.
Sending well-timed crafted cart recovery emails crafted cart recovery emails can help you recover more abandoned carts. Here’s an example
- Send the 1st cart email 1 hour after the customer abandons the cart.
- The second email goes 3 hours after the cart is left abandoned.
- The third, 1 day after abandonment.
- And the final email, 2 days after the cart is being abandoned.
You can stop sending emails anywhere in between once your cart is recovered (with Retainful, everything is automated. You just have to set it and forget it).
So, that’s pretty much about how to check WooCommerce abandoned carts in your store. It’s easy and quick. The clean dashboard gives you enough information about your WooCommerce abandoned carts that helps you make informed decisions that directly reflect on your store’s growth!
So, know what’s happening in your store and start recovering abandoned carts while it’s not too late!