Cart abandonment is one of the bigger challenges faced by eCommerce stores. WooCommerce abandoned carts have cost a significant loss in sales for these stores.
What makes WooCommerce abandoned carts more challenging is that you cannot predict when the cart will be abandoned.
Also, stores have been strugglings to track the rate of WooCommerce abandoned carts. But with the introduction of the abandoned cart plugins for WooCommerce, you can easily see and track abandoned carts.
In this article, we’ll answer your ‘How do I view abandoned carts in WooCommerce’ question using the best abandoned cart plugin for WooCommerce.
Table of Contents
What is WooCommerce abandoned cart?
People visit your online store, browse through various product categories, add products to the cart but leave the site without buying. That is called WooCommerce cart abandonment.
With an average cart abandonment rate of 67.91%, you need a WooCommerce cart abandonment plugin to track and recover the lost sales.
Why people abandon their cart?
People abandoned their carts for a variety of reasons. Understanding why customers abandon their carts can put you forward in knowing how to reduce it.
Following are some of the most common reasons for people abandoning your online cart:
- Unexpected shipping cost and additional taxes or fees.
- Asking to create a new user account.
- People just checking your online store.
- No coupons and discounts are available.
- No transparent privacy and return policy
- Complex payment gateway or fewer payment choices.
These are some of the reasons that contribute to the rise of WooCommerce abandoned carts.
How to Check WooCommerce Abandoned Carts in your store?
To check abandoned carts you’ll be needing a tool that’s robust and reliable. An Email marketing automation plugin like Retainful will fit the criteria very well.
Retainful is packed with multiple email automation features. One of those features is abandoned cart recovery, but let’s talk about recovering carts in another article. Now let’s focus on how to see WooCommerce abandoned carts using Retainful.
Retainful has an insightful dashboard that displays WooCommerce abandoned carts in real-time.
And also the number of recovered carts, abandoned & recovered revenue and live carts in your store. There’s a whole lot of other things you can do with Retainful. For now, we’ll get to the point.,
How do I view abandoned carts in WooCommerce?
To check abandoned carts in WooCommerce, you need to install Retainful in your WordPress site and connect your WooCommerce store with Retainful.
Don’t worry, the process is very simple.
Install & Activate Retainful
Installing Retainful plugin is easy, just takes a few steps,
- Navigate to your WordPress dashboard → Plugins → Add new
- Add plugins page will be displayed. Type ‘Retainful’ in the search box.
3. Click ‘Install now’. This will install Retainful.
4. Once ‘Install now’ is clicked you’ll be asked to ‘Activate’ the plugin.
5. Once activated, Retainful will be added to the installed plugins section and you can start your WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery campaign.
But to see WooCommerce abandoned carts, you should connect your WooCommerce store to Retainful dashboard and get the API keys.
Connect your WooCommerce store with Retainful
Get API Keys:
1. Login to Retainful dashboard. (If you don’t have an account, Sign up here)
2. Navigate to Settings
3. Copy App ID and Secret Key
4. Return to WordPress Dashboard → Retainful
5. Under the Connection tab, enter the keys in the respective field.
6. Click “Connect”
7. You’ll see a message once the connection is initiated
Now your WordPress site is connected to Retainful.
Let’s see how to check WooCommerce abandoned carts.
Checking abandoned carts from Retainful
You don’t need to navigate much, as soon as you login to Retainful. The first thing you’ll see is the dashboard.
- Login into Retainful. SIgn up here
Like we said, your WooCommerce abandoned cart details can be seen as soon as you enter the app.
Get real-time insights oo,
- Abandoned carts
- Abandoned revenue
- Recovered carts
- Recovered revenue
- Recoverable carts
These data will be updated constantly, so you’ll know what’s going on in your store. This can help you to strategize your abandoned cart recovery campaign.
Wait. There is more.
To get the complete cart abandonment details you need to,
Click ‘ Metrics & Cart Activity’, under the ‘Cart Activity’ you’ll find the metrics table,
This table will show you the cart id, date created, cart status, name of customers, phone number & more.
There are multiple filter options, you can toggle between these filters to view the respective data in real-time.
There is also a’ Search’ option, search the cart based on multiple conditions.
So, this is how easily you can check WooCommerce abandoned carts in Retainful.
Recover WooCommerce Abandoned Carts
With Retainful, it’s not just about knowing the number of carts that are abandoned. You can even recover them by sending automated abandoned cart recovery emails.
Sending well-timed cart recovery emails can help you recover more abandoned carts. Here’s an example
- Send the 1st cart recovery email 1 hour after the customer abandons the cart.
- The second cart recovery email goes 3 hours after the cart is left abandoned.
- The third cart recovery email, 1 day after abandonment.
- And the final cart recovery email, 2 days after the cart is being abandoned.
You can stop sending cart recovery emails anywhere in between once your cart is recovered (with Retainful, everything is automated. You just have to set it and forget it).
So, that’s pretty much about how to check WooCommerce abandoned carts in your store. It’s easy and quick. The clean dashboard gives you enough information about your WooCommerce abandoned carts that helps you make informed decisions that directly reflect on your store’s growth!
So, know what’s happening in your store and start recovering abandoned carts while it’s not too late!