As part of the GDPR compliance, it becomes essential that you display a notice informing users that you would be saving their emails and cart information.
Retainful lets you comply with GDPR by providing an option to display a GDPR notice on your storefront at the checkout, Add to cart popup form and Exit intent popup.
Enabling GDPR notice
To enable GDPR notice on the checkout page, follow the below steps:
- Login to your site. Go to Woocommerce->Retainful- Abandoned carts ->Settings.
- Set Enable GDPR compliance? to Yes. Mention the compliance message that you wish to display on the checkout page:
3. Save the settings.
- Frontend view- Here is how users view the notice at the checkout page:
Additionally, the notice would appear on pages where products are listed like this:
Enabling GDPR for add to cart popup
To enable GDPR notice on the add to cart pop up:
- Go to Woocommerce->Retainful-Abandoned carts -> Premium features ->Add to cart email collection popup.
- Click Go to configuration -> GDPR compliance for collecting email.
- Show GDPR compliance checkbox- This option has the following values from which you could choose one:
- Save the settings.
- Frontend view - Post enabling the GDPR notice, users would view the add to cart popup with the GDPR notice like this:
If they click on the No Thanks option, the product would be added to cart without the email address.
Enabling GDPR for Exit intent popup
You could add a GDPR notice on the Exit intent popup as well. Here is how you could enable GDPR notice for exit intent popups:
- Navigate to Woocommerce->Retainful-Abandoned carts->Premium features->Exit intent popup.
- Follow steps 2 through 6 as mentioned on add to cart popup section above.
- Frontend view - After setting up the notice, the Exit intent popup would show the notice like this:
If they don't wish to leave the email address, they could click on the No thanks link and continue with their intended action.