Coupon based discounts play a crucial role in driving sales on your store. You could encourage users to resume their abandoned purchase by offering them a discount. Retainful allows you to add coupon blocks on your abandoned cart email templates easily using an intuitive drag and drop editor.
This guide explains how you could add a coupon discount block on your cart recovery email templates.
NOTE: This is a PREMIUM Feature. Make sure that you have activated the Premium add on of Retainful.
For those who use Retainful plugin 2.x and have migrated to cloud, you could add a coupon discount to your recovery emails by following the process below.
Step-1: Create a coupon
- You will have to create a coupon on your site under Woocommerce->Coupons.
- Copy the coupon code.
Step-2: Adding the coupon code to your mail template on Retainful account
- Login to the Retainful account that you have connected with your store.
- Navigate to Emails->Your email template->Edit. Or you could create a new template as well. Let us suppose that I am creating a new email template.
- The coupon block can be found on the right hand side under the Store elements block.
- Drag and drop the indicated block on your mail template’s body. The coupon block would appear like this when you drag and drop the coupon block.
- You will have to click on the indicated block to add the coupon code that we created on our Woocommerce store earlier at Step-1. Once the block is clicked, the settings would show up as follows:
Note: Post adding the coupon code, edit the text block as per your discount conditions. In our example, we set up a flat 25% discount on our Woocommerce store. So let us not forget to modify the text accordingly.
- Make sure that you Activate the template and Save.
Tada! We have now set up the coupon discount for the abandoned cart email template.
Step-3: How users view and claim the coupon discount
- Once the cart is marked as abandoned, the email would be triggered to the user’s email address. The email would look like this:
- Users will have to click on the Coupon code or on the Shop Nowbutton below the coupon code to avail the discount.
- Once they click on the Shop now button, they would be redirected to the shop page where they would be able to initiate a purchase and the coupon would be applied.
Here is a video on how to add a coupon block to your abandoned cart recovery emails.
In this article we saw how to:
- Add coupon discounts to our Abandoned cart emails for version 1.x
- Add coupon discounts to our Abandoned cart emails for version 2.x