A Referral program will help you acquire new customers by turning your existing customers into brand advocates.
You can offer Referral rewards to your customers when they complete a Referral purchase and boost your customer retention rate. It will also encourage new customers to drive repeated sales at your store.
All of the above can be achieved using Retainful’s ‘Referrals’ feature.
Creating a Referral program for your Shopify store is pretty easy using Retainful and this guide will take you through the process.
Creating a Referral Program in your Shopify store
Unlike other Shopify apps, it only takes a few steps to create a Referral Program in your Shopify store using Retainful.
Let’s start with the installation process,
Go to the Shopify Appstore.
Click "Add app"
3. You’ll see a ‘Login to your Shopify store’ popup, enter your store’s URL and click ‘login’.
4. Once logged in, you’ll see this menu in your store, click ‘Install app’ to install Retainful.
5. But before that, make sure you enable the account creation option for customers.
Go to Settings → Checkout → Customer accounts.
Enable ‘Accounts are optional’ as in the screenshot.
Once Account creation option is enabled, click ‘Install app’, you’ll be redirected to the Retainful dashboard.
Make sure you enter your password in the ‘Create your account’ box. This will help you to directly login to your Retainful dashboard from here.
Once you’ve entered your password, your account will be created and you’ll be redirected to the Retainful dashboard.
2. Creating a Referral Program
1. Click ‘Referrals’ on your Retainful dashboard menu.
2. The Referrals section will appear,
3. Here you can configure the rewards and enable the Referral program in three easy steps.
- Create Advocate Reward
- Create Friend Reward
- Enabling Referral Program
4. Click ‘Add Reward’ in the Advocate reward section to create the Advocate reward.
5. A popup will appear asking you to select the type of reward you want to offer.
6. Click on a reward/discount and you’ll be taken to the corresponding reward menu.
You can configure your reward on this screen,
Reward Value - Set the percentage you want to offer as a reward to the advocate when his friend completes a Referral purchase.
Minimum spending required - You can select a spending threshold, the Referral will be rewarded only if he spends more than the limit.
Prefix for Discount code - You can add a prefix to your discount code.
Reward validity - Set an expiry date for the rewards.
Once you’re done click ‘Create’, your advocate reward will be created.
7. Click ‘Add Reward’ to configure the Friend Reward.
The process is the same as configuring ‘Advocate reward’. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to create your friend reward and click ‘Create’.
8. Once ‘Friend Reward’ is created, you can enable the Referral program.
Click ‘Enable Program’.
9. Referral program will be enabled and you’ll be redirected to your Referral dashboard.
Retainful lets you create and run a Referral program effortlessly. You can track your Referral performance in real-time using the dashboard.
You can connect customers using Referral emails, you can customize these emails and boost your engagement. So, what are you waiting for, Get Retainful and start acquiring new customers.
Hope you found out how a customer referral program works. Now, It’s time for you to run a Referral program and stabilize your revenue.